The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is offering drivers and cyclists tips to keep the roadways safe this summer. In a recently issued press release, they’re encouraging bicyclists and drivers to “think safe, ride safe, be safe!”
Tips for Bicyclists
• Always wear a helmet.
• Ride alert.
• Be visible.
• Check your bicycle for safety issues.
• Observe traffic signs and signals like an automobile driver would.
• Be predictable.
Tips for Drivers
• Signal your intentions, and be predictable.
• Turn off cell phones.
• Obey speed limits, signs and signals.
• Allow plenty of room when passing cyclists.
• Yield to cyclists.
• Stop completely before turning right on red, and always check behind you for approaching cyclists.
If you or a loved one is injured while cycling this summer, contact the experienced team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 866-397-2897 for a free consultation today.