A crash in Polk County is reminding drivers about the importance of observing all signs and signals on the roadway. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the wreck happened midday on Tuesday. Apparently, a driver cut through an area that’s designated for official use only. The driver of a Chevrolet Impala attempted to turn left through an official-use only access way and collided with a Jeep Liberty headed east on I-26. The Jeep overturned and rolled several times.
Three People Injured in I-26 Crash
At least one person was taken to Mission Hospital, and two others were taken to Pardee Hospital. Law enforcement officers want to remind drivers that the cut-throughs are for official vehicles, emergency response vehicles and other first responders on official duty only. While it may look like a tempting short cut, it’s an unsafe and unlawful idea. Traditional motorists don’t have the skills or training to comprehend the speed of oncoming traffic in these areas, so it makes using this type of cut-through dangerous, or even deadly.
North Carolina Car Crash Facts
• In 2012, 1,262 people were killed in car crashes in North Carolina.
• 110,406 people were injured in crashes in North Carolina that year.
• Nearly one-third of all crash fatalities in North Carolina were related to speeding.
• 160 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2012.
• Between 2011 and 2012, there was an 18.9 percent increase in pedestrian fatalities across the state.
• In 2012, 23.2 percent of crashes in North Carolina involved distracted drivers.
After an Injury Crash in Asheville
Although at the time of the news report, none of the injuries were considered to be life threatening, there’s no word on the extent of injuries involved or the current conditions of the victims. The driver that turned at the access point has been cited for careless and reckless driving. The team at Davis Law Group, P.A. wishes full and speedy recoveries for everybody who was injured in the crash.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one due to somebody else’s reckless or careless driving, contact our skilled legal team today at 866-397-2897 for a free consultation.